Sunday, February 14, 2010

Time Savers Part II

Besides being a time-saver, this will save you $$.

Make your own 100 calorie packs.
What you need:
  • 100 calorie Ziploc bags or regular sandwich bags.
  • Open boxes of cereal, chips, goldfish, trail mix, Chex mix, etc.
Read the label to see how much you need for 100 calories. I measure the first one of each kind and then just eyeball it until the box or bag is empty. I also used 2 sleeves of whole wheat crackers and put peanut butter on them.
Today in about 45 minutes, I made about 60 snack packs of cereal, goldfish, and peanut butter crackers. I also made fridge packs of celery and carrots--enough to pack for a week's worth of lunches. You can cut up apples and just add a few drops of lemon juice.

I pack lunch for my husband, kindergartener and pre-schooler every day.
For the kids: fresh veggies, fruit, 100 cal pack, yogurt and a juice box. Done!
For DH: can of soup & box of frozen veggies (or leftovers from dinner), fiber one bar, yogurt, fresh fruit, soda, 100 cal packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment