Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break

I didn't realize how much I would look forward to spring break since I'm not teaching. It makes sense that I would pray for a snow day and dream about spring break when it really means I get a break. I like the little things like not having to get the kids dressed in the morning or think about what I'm going to put in their lunch boxes. I would say I like the part about sleeping in, but inevitably one of them will get up at 6:30 anyway. I am looking forward to having Michael and Hannah home all week. We've had a big start to our vacation. We went to Chuckie Cheese on Friday, had our friends over Friday night for martinis and appetizers, Hannah & Caden had a sleepover Friday night, had 2 Easter Egg Hunts on Saturday, went to see Princess and the Frog at the dollar ($2) theater, took the train to Time Warner Arena for the Elevation Easter service (ok--that was not really for the kids, but it was an incredible event for Mommy), and had Easter dinner with family and friends. The weather here in Charlotte has been absolutely incredible! 80's and sunshine all weekend. All winter I kept saying I would be happy to deal with pollen and all its evilness just to be warm. So here I am unable to put my contacts in, drugging up on allergy meds, and blowing my nose every 5 minutes. It is all worth it to be warm. Spring didn't just spring--it catapulted!
Off to plan some fun, cheap activities for 3 little ones the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment