Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Zumba

I saw my friend Ashley at our pool opening party on Saturday and she invited me to Zumba today at the Y.
Me: I've never taken zumba.
A: Girl, all you have to do is shake it.
Me: Ok (thinking I need to do what she does since she looks amazing).

10:20--arrive at Y. Can barely get in the door (to the building, not the class) because there is a sea of women packed like sardines waiting to "shake it". I quickly decide to escape, but realize it is impossible to get out the door or even to another area of the gym.

10:30-stay in the very back and do my best to keep up with all the moves. try to follow the girls who know what they're doing since I can't see the instructor. Seriously, I've taken lots of aerobics classes in the past, but I've never seen a room so packed. There must be something to this Zumba stuff!
11:05--announcement that a windshield has been smashed in the parking lot and we all need to go make sure it's not our car. glad for the break, slightly concerned it could be my windshield.
11:10--all of our cars are fine--back to zumba.
11:40--class ends. I survived and have worked up a good sweat. I tell Ashley I'll come back on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment