Thursday, May 27, 2010

Grocery Challenge--update May 27

I think I can...I think I can...I have 10 cents left so I can't spend ANY $$ until next Tuesday (June 1) and I will have met my $150 monthly grocery challenge for May. This includes trips to the mountains and beach where we prepared all but 3 meals with the families with whom we traveled. I do think having to count out my cash made a difference. So I think I'll go for it again in June. I am just as stocked up as at the beginning of May. We are still eating healthy, delicious meals. It just takes a little more preparation and diligence. I still refuse to go all over town chasing a deal (wasting gas in the process) so with the exception of a trip to BiLo while we were at the Y one afternoon, all my shopping was at Harris Teeter and CVS. Did I mention that my grocery budget includes all toiletries, paper products, pull-ups, wipes, cleaning products, etc?
I am stocked up on everything except coffee and dishwasher detergent so I am hoping for a sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment